School Academic Year Curriculum
- First Semester : April to September
- Second Semester : October to March
Devi Academy is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi. We prepare our Students from Pre-KG to XII Standard in accordance with the CBSE Syllabus, giving due respect to the New Educational Policy of the Government of India following Textbooks and Reference books based on the guidelines of NCERT. This enables our students to be well prepared to appear for the XII, AISSCE (All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination) conducted by CBSE, Delhi during March of every Calendar Year.
Devi Academy provides education to students right from Pre KG through Standard XII, on the 10 +2 pattern.
In the Junior Sections, we take extra care to ensure that the syllabus of one class dovetails into the next higher class in a way such that no undue burden is felt by the student.
Scientifically-proven graded methods of teaching towards developing the skill to read and write are adopted. Art and Craft (line and curve drawings, thumb-print sketches, Spray and mosaic paintings, paper foldings, Plasticine models, etc.), Music, Puppetry, Story telling and Role play from an integral part of the Juniors’ curriculum.
A full-fledged language Laboratory with graded lessons and Mathematics Lab to suit the specific needs of students is a unique feature of the Institution.
Work Experience, Outdoor and Co-Curricular Activities, etc. enrich the Seniors’ Curriculum Uncrowded classroom with the Teacher Student ratio working out to an ideal average of 1:35 make individual attention and personalised care a reality.
Curriculum at the Secondary Level
- Language I – English
- Language II – Tamil, Hindi, Sanskrit
- Language III (from Std. V onwards) – It is to be one of the languages offered in 2 above other than the one opted as language II. However the study of Hindi as Language II or III is compulsory)
- Integrated Science
- Social Science (History, Civics, Geography & Economics, Disaster Management)
- Work Experience, Life Skills
- Environment Education
- Art Education
- Physical and Health Education, Yoga
- Computer Science (From Std. III onwards)
Curriculum at the Senior Secondary Level Core – EnglishElectives
- Group I – Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Group II – Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science
- Group III – Maths, Accountancy, Business Studies (Commerce), Economics
- General Studies
- Work Experience
- Physical and Health Education, Yoga
CONTINUOUS COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION (CCE) – CLASSES I TO X
To provide a holistic profile of the students through regular asse ssment of scholastic and co-scholastic domains of development, the school follows a continuous and comprehensive evaluation according to the guidelines given by the CBSE Board. The CCE scheme brings about a paradigm shift from examination to effective pedagogy.
Classes I to V
To de-stress learning and not to give undue focus to the Terminal Examination, a Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) is introduced in the primary classes. Cycle Tests have been introduced in these classes (Std. I to V). CCE is spread over the year. An Achievement Record is maintained for each student and this is the same format as specified by the CBSE Board. Cycle Test for these classes will be conducted on Thursdays.
Classes VI to X
The whole academic session is divided into two semesters. The First Semester is from April to September and the Second Semester is from October to March. Each semester will have two Formative Assessment and one Summative Assessment. Classes VI to X will have cycle test on Tuesdays.
Promotion is based on the day-to-day work of the students throughout the year and also on the performance in the Semester (Terminal) Examination.
- First Term (I Semester) = FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + SA1 (20%)
- Second Term (II Semester) = FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA2 (40%)
- Formative Assessment (FA) 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 40%
- Summative Assessment (SA) 1 + 2 = 60%
The Achievement Record will have only grades and not marks. Grading is done in both Scholastic areas – academic performance Co-scholastic areas – Life Skills & Attitudes values
Co-scholastic activities – Literary & Creative skills, Scientific skills, Aesthetic skills, Performing Art and etc., Health and Physical Education